Wednesday 3 December 2008

Man in the mirror!

SCORED!!



What can I say? Other than I must still have 'it'!



What is more worrying for me though is how quickly I started to fall for this guy proper. Now I have been analysing this and the first point to consider would be - Is it me? Do I fall for people too quickly? Am I a serial monogamist? After careful consideration I have concluded that it is not me. If this were the case I think I would have knocked up more than two long term relationships in my 33 years and these would lasted a lot less than a decade.



It may have been one sided. I may have liked him more than he liked me. I get the feeling this isn't true either as it seemed like one of those nights during which we totally relaxed considering we hardly know each other and just talked and talked with nothing out of bounds. This could have occurred due to him leaving in two days. Being aware that we were not getting started on anything and really have nothing to lose by letting all guards down possibly gave the illusion of sparks or chemistry.



I have to then consider that there is actually something between us. I don't really want to do this because I don't want to get involved with anyone and he flies back to where from which he came in 2 days. That said, there are some seriously strange similarities and/or coincidences. For example:


  • We work for the same Authority albeit different fields

  • We are of similar age

  • We live in the same town

  • etc etc etc

The above points are merely geographical and demographics at work. These are the largest reasons people will meet and enter into relationships (I am excluding CMC). Then other similarities started to become apparent:



  • We have the same first name (this didn't become apparent, we already knew this)

  • We have the same nicknames - Now you may think 'well you share the same name so yeah duh' but my actual nickname has nothing to do with my name and is quite unusual

  • My favourite beach which I visit all of the time is one he chose to live overlooking for the past four years - This might not seem unusual but this beach isn't in the same County that either of us work in and have subsequently met etc. From his description I can identify his property as I know this area very well. It's not a popular visiting spot.

  • Very similar music tastes and avid festival goers

  • From similar families re number of siblings although he has far more nieces and nephews than I

  • Religious upbringings although they are different faiths (I am now faithless)

There were several more but I really can't afford to get hung up on this because we did meet in his eleventh hour. Wasn't meant to be...

Or perhaps it is only because we are similar that I'm thinking there is more? Oh I don't care really... I got a shag at the end of the day!



12 comments:

The Mistress said...

Yay!

And what a coincidence that there are two men named Hardhouse in the same town. What are the odds?

You must have been wearing your lucky Ginch Gonch.

Frobisher said...

You put out on the first date? who said romance is dead!

btw, did you know jimmy baker?

Hardhouse said...

It was now or never so I don't feel too bad about that

Name doesn't ring a bell, why?

Kapitano said...

Sounds like a holiday romance - intense because it's brief, brief because it's intense, love on speed, leaves a lingering bittersweet aftertaste.

Done it once or twice myself - and not on holidays either.

I'd say enjoy it without committments or promises, keep in touch and visit sometime.

I would say it, but you've no need of advice, least of all from little me.

Keep us posted.

Hardhouse said...

Kap: That's exactly what it is and any advice is always welcome. Ta

Would love to hear about your experiences at your place sometime

The Mistress said...

Hello? Hello? I'm HERE you know.

*flounces off as Hardhouse would rather be with the boys*

The Mistress said...

p.s. I'm leaving town.

But not before I've posted your arse again.

Hardhouse said...

How could anyone ignore MJ, I apologise profusely
*said in the Queens English*

I think I was actually wearing some skanky old work knickers but they didn't ruin the moment

Frobisher said...

Sorry I was trying to place you - a comment you made about Cheeky Little Monkey - I had a few friends who used to party there, hell I even went to one of there Showbar parties myself.

*has flashback*

*sits down with glass of water*

BEAST said...

I always put out on the first date.
Its the Beast promise :-)

Hardhouse said...

Are you free tomorrow BEAST? But you must wash that duvet...

The Mistress said...

Beast: Slut.