Monday 1 December 2008

I need oiling

It's been almost a month since my split and as I only hurt a little, with greater relief than pain in the end, I think I am now ready to get amongst the field players or take hold of my fishing rod for those supposed plentiful fish stocks. So with my new threads on I headed into town on Friday night with a couple of friends for a few quiet drinks.

This spiralled into a mad mayhem wopper of a bender evening very very quickly! I was unlikely to pull in the first bar but one of my friends attracted plenty of attention from several GROUPS of lads, she is blessed in looks and boobs and is very handy at getting served fast, so it followed that we joined a larger group. An incident followed and someone was evicted, not one of my original evening companions, but it was deemed necessary to leave and so off we all went to Walkabout. Now, I don't know if you have ever been unfortunate enough to experience a Walkabout but everyone I have ever been to represents the arsehole of pubbing in the naughties. The majority of the people partying are usually far too drunk to be there! Women... strike that... Girls in high heals and mini skirts skidding over on the dancefloor (because its very wet with drink and sick) with breasts and legs flying everywhere. Men... strike that... Boys locked in bonding rituals - not the kind I wanted to see or experience -with tears and promises of infinite friendship. Mixed groups arguing over the well being of another. It was like Armageddon but they seemed to be enjoying themselves dancing when they could to that R n B bollox. I can't judge and am no social barometer by anyones standards but this place was not for me and more importantly I was not gonna get any here either...

Leaving the boobed friend behind, myself and another friend who shares my poofy persuasion headed for gay town. We danced some more to the latest Britney and Katie singles in a more relaxed atmosphere until the early hours but alas no gay attention, not even a sniff, so I headed home. Not even the taxi driver was interested (on this occasion).

Am I over the hill? Am I so far out of the loop that the loop looks likes tape worm from my distance? Do I emit a recently single with a little baggage vibe? Am I rusty when it comes to the field? Was I just enjoying time with my my friends to notice anything/one?

So I went out Saturday night too. This time with my sister to exclusively gay bars. We had drinks with my first ex (it's been long enough) which was very cool watching burlesque performances in new bar The Birdcage - enjoyable.

I got gay attention!! All is right on my dancefloor!! Funnily enough I saw a work colleague and we were both surprised to see each other... emails and texts have followed... next is a drink out this week... He moves away next week so no danger of anything more but maybe... just maybe...

8 comments:

The Mistress said...

Beast has jinxed you! THAT is the problem.

Something just isn't right when the likes of you and Kapitano can't get a little bum fun.

The Mistress said...

You are in need of Infomaniac’s Fag, Hag and the Odd Slag Dating Service.

Shall I sign you up?

wv: pounab

Kapitano said...

Somewhere there must be a gay disco that doesn't just play "gay" music.

Not that I've got anything against Madonna, Kylie, or indeed Pete Burns...but I'm quite sure I'm not the only queen into Electroclash, Futurepop, EBM etc.

Gay culture seems to have got narrow at the same time it got mainstream.

BEAST said...

Walkabout is vile
Glad to hear your dating Fu has returned :-)

Frobisher said...

Have you thought about getting a cat?

Hardhouse said...

MJ: Do you think me and Kapitano could become fuk buddies?

MJ: I'm after a shag not a date.

Kapitano: Where has all the decent music gone? After club venues with pounding hardhouse originated on the gay scenes. The first superstar DJs came from Trade! It's all just a distant memory and we're left with shallow pop and hen parties?! How has this happened? Bring back Cheeky Little Monkey and let the music come home (my personal quest begins)!!

BEAST: 'Vile' would describe the queue alone (yes they queue to get in), you will need a whole new vocab' to describe inside. *shudders when remembers it*
Its not the dating fu which I want back ;o)

Frobisher: I'd only have a cat to feed to my dog when I get one. Unfortunately, not allowed dogs at present Grrr

The Mistress said...

Far be it from ME to suggest any hijinks between you and Kapi but if I had a dick, it would be in Kapi's mouth faster than you can say Bob's Your Uncle.

*agrees with quality of gay music scene here in Canada too*

Hardhouse said...

MJ: If you had a dick is there anywhere you wouldn't stick it?