Sunday 14 December 2008

Hallelujah!

I'm never drinking again, well not wine anyway, well maybe only with meals, oh and to socialize... oh OK anything, anytime and for any reason!

Another whole day wasted with a gale force hangover, this hedonism will have to stop soon but I did have another great evening. I went to a mates with my sister and watched the Xfactor final, yes I admit that, I haven't really watched many of the shows but any excuse for a get together. I like the winners song but prefer K D Lang's version. This was supposed to be an alternative to getting together in town but after the result, and a few sing alongs to selected Moulin Rouge songs, we ended up out anyway. Fortunately for me (not them) my parents live central so I turned up at 4am to crash - apparently, well that's where I woke up. I didn't pull, I don't think.

I had my first Christmas 'do' on Friday night. This was uneventful but a pleasant evening. Having two jobs means I may have to go to another, nothing has been arranged as yet.

Bad news: I haven't had sex for 11 days. I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, not even written cards.

Good news: Holiday romance guy got in touch, he arrived back home safely to warmer climates and said he smiled all the way home because of me, he considers our night together 'special'. I am glad to hear this as I now know it wasn't one sided. I wish I could have smiled about it but I wanted MORE!! It's such a shame but meeting him helped me forget the ex, in fact it blew the ex out of the water.
My brother is leaving rehab next week, he is ready to leave the supported accommodation and live on his own. He began his treatment over a year ago and is still doing really well, I hope he stays clean and dry.


9 comments:

The Mistress said...

Let's see...

k.d. lang (Canadian) singing a song by Leonard Cohen (Canadian) and broadcast on CTV (Canadian).

You love us.

You really do.

The Mistress said...

Surely she's made enough money by now to afford a decent pair of shoes?

FirstNations said...

oh my god you sound so good! and happy! YAAAAAAAAY! *jumps up and down, hugs strangers*

now. you want to interview me? send me an email:

redace196o@gmail.com

cut, copy, paste. go do it. now.
*tapping foot impatiently, checking watch*

Hardhouse said...

MJ: What's not to love...

I think her shoes is a lesbian thing, they tend to wear practical and comfortable clothing where ever they are and whatever they are doing. I don't judge or make jokes, honest!

FN:So bossy! Email sent!

*tapping foot impatiently, waiting for consent*

Hardhouse said...

oh she has no shoes duh, also a lesbian thing!

Frobisher said...

What's unusual about not having sex for 11 days?

eroswings said...

Ah, so she's wearing black and singing to mourn the loss of her Birkenstocks.

My first impression of the video when it started was: Huh, Clay Aiken dyed his hair and put on some heft to his bones. My second impression: It's that song from Shrek!

That is good news about the holiday adventure guy and your brother.

Hardhouse said...

Frob: I think it may be my record (since becoming active at a late age) but then I'm not used to this single shyte yet

Eros: In the Uk she would now choose Crocs

Hardhouse said...

er... sexually active that is not as in bottom turned top