Wednesday 17 December 2008

Festive joy?

Running around like a headless chicken in preparation for the two day holiday that I wish was just 5 days off, with none of the ceremony!


For a change, I'll be spending this year with family so even more reason to dread it.


The wankers at work place 1 have decided to ban blogger, it's a kick in the teeth. I have requested access to several sites with the argument that employees are allowed to use the Internet in their own time. I await a response but am not hopeful.


The wankers at work place 2 wont fuck off, something to do with the time of year! This time of year is too busy at work place 2, I foolishly volunteered overtime which has left me no time to conduct my social life and prepare for Christmas... So Christmas shopping has had to wait. I will start that shit on Friday!

The fukwits at work places 1 and 2 will now be called 'zombies', it's something I have been thinking about. One job is customer facing and heavily integrated with benefit claimers - benefits is the most inappropriate name for benefits, perhaps if the name changed fewer zombies would live their lives on handouts - you really can't blame them for this, it's the most obvious case of classical and operant conditioning. They fill in some forms and wait around for a few hours and hey presto a reward in the form of money is received, and so the behaviour is reinforced. The job centre is a giant Skinner box. I do acknowledge that for many the need is genuine, gratefully received and deserved as their contributions ensure the money is there when they need it, but there seems to be a growing majority who wander around from municipal building to municipal building making a career out of claiming. I do blame them and I don't, they have been repeatedly rewarded for their lifestyles with no emphasis on empowerment or self sufficiency. Doctors are also to blame and they aren't, they have limited time to see patients so they sign people off work or register them disabled for no significant reason other than to get them out of their surgery.





Job 2 brings a whole new meaning to my 'zombie theory' but I don't have time for that right now. The zombies I deal with are not those having an existential crisis like my beloved Otto in Bruce LaBruces film, they are zombies because they cannot think for themselves or believe they are thinking for themselves and in complete control but really they are so controlled it's frightening.




I haven't seen any other Bruce LaBruce films yet but I like this one - oh and he's Canadian making Canadian movies.


I'll be Christmas shopping and partying for the foreseeable... and doing research!





MERRY CHRISTMAS!

14 comments:

Kapitano said...

My jobcentre has me registered disabled. My dole officer (aka "jobsearch advisor" aka "jobseeking partner") decided that being long sighted in one eye was enough to qualify as disabled.

She did this "as a special favour" to being me to the top of a list of those "deserving" to go on a special course.

She did this to force me on to a "course" where I pretended to be self-employed (receiving benefits) for six months. With no startup capital and endless overheads - which mysteriously were never chased up.

After "graduating" back to standard jobseekers allowance it was discovered they've never officially enrolled me, owing to some lost paperwork.

One final irony. I got a job after that, which left me actually disabled and hospitalised on the first day - I couldn't move my hand at all for a week afterwards.

eroswings said...

I don't like to use the internet at work, because the company spies on us! Bastards! But I noticed that they've started to block off youtube and blogger and some internet music sites. Bastards!

Careful with the zombies--they like to eat brains; wear a helmet when you play, lest you end up in a compromising situation.

Frobisher said...

Bruce LaBruce's film "Skin Gang" is a big favourite here at Chez Naff

The Mistress said...

I bestow upon you official Canuck status.

Here. Have a beaver.

Hardhouse said...

Kapitano: You prove my point, although I'm sure you are a deserved claimant. Like I was!

Eros: They say it's fine to use the net in your own time and then they block every possible site you may actually wish to use in your own time. Jeez!

Frob: I will check out "Skin Gang" on another of your recommendations but I confess, I haven't had the baileys hot chocolate at Mudeford yet.

MJ: WOO HOO!! Officially a Canuck!!
Can I have a Bear instead of the Beaver? It's the way God made me!

The Mistress said...

A bear it is!

Merry Christmas from Canuckistan.

eroswings said...

Merry Xmas! Best wishes for a safe, happy holiday!

BEAST said...

Happy Crimbo Harhouse old bean :-)

FirstNations said...

what in gods name do you do for a living, hardhouse??????

remember: aim for the head. with zombies, thats the only way you can defeat their relentless, hungering advance. if you set them on fire they just keep on coming, only now they're in flames and shit is all dripping off them and landing on things and setting THEM on fire and its just really ugly and unsanitary.

meanwhile, i hope you had a very good, very merry, zombie-free christmas, lovey!!XXOO!

BEAST said...

I think he is a pole dancer Miss FN.
Its all that thrusting gets him down :-(

eroswings said...

Happy New Year, Hardhouse! Cheers to a wonderful, safe, and fantastic New Year!

Kapitano said...

Here's to a new year full of Hardhouse posts, a House without Hardship ... and hardy Hardness in the Hardhouse house.

The Mistress said...

Happy New Year to an honourary Canuck.

BEAST said...

Hurry up and post you lazy devil